Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week ending June 20

This week I relearned how to swim, remembered why runners have to time their blood donations, and developed a new respect for an amazing class of runners.

Monday - biked 13.3m @ 16.6mph on the Alum Creek Trail
Tuesday - ran 3.9m @ 10:30m/m, 2 loops on the hilly gravel Blendon Woods trail; planned to do an easy run, but felt great on the second loop and cranked out a negative split
Wednesday - swimming approx. 800 yards at the Columbus Academy indoor pool w/ my new instructor Gloria "Gator" McCarthy; in one hour, I progressed from not being able to swim 25yds freestyle to swimming 100yds twice, and finished w/ challenging Gator in 25yd sprints :)
Thursday - hammered out a 1.36m tempo run at 5k pace (8:30) at Antrim Lake, then rode 14m w/ friends at approximately 14mph on the Olentangy Trail
Friday - iron count was a whopping 12.6, so I dropped off a pint w/ the Red Cross
Saturday - ran 6.2m @ 10:25m/m pace, long-run suffered from the humidity and yesterday's blood donation; then road-tripped up to Mohican to cheer on friends and help at an aid station during the 50/100-mile ultramarathon:



My family was relieved to hear that I've finally found an endurance sport in which I have no interest in participating...

No comments: