Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week(s) ending June 6


It's been a hectic two weeks, without much spare time to run or bike.  However I did plenty of "crosstraining" - raced a 5k, walked in the Ironton (Ohio) Memorial Day parade, danced at my HS reunion, hosted family from Virginia/New York/Washington State, and watched DD2 get her HS diploma and helped put on a 6-hour grad party with 5 other girls and their families at Blendon Woods.


I finished the 5k in 27:30, which is in the top 25% of my 5k times.  I was 2nd of 12 in my Age Group and I got a nice plaque to add to my Race Bling shelf.

I'll need to spend some time on my bike after work Monday, as I'm scheduled for a fitting at Bike Source on Tuesday.  I'm ready to get back on some semblance of a training schedule!


Summary - 

May 23 - 5.25m bike at Blendon Woods

May 24 - 4.0m run w/ Biscuit

May 27 - 3.8m tempo run at Sharon Woods

May 31 - 0.5m warm-up, 5k race, ~ 4m walk/march in the parade

June 6 - 7.4m long-run at Olentangy Trail w/ MIT


No comments: