Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week ending May 23, 2010

I bought my shiny new tri bike the week after TOSRV. I'm getting pretty good with clipping in & out of the pedals; I'm improving on shifting gears and using the aero-bars:


Summer is coming - I learned the hard way at Saturday's MIT long run that the way to respect the heat and humidity is to prepare (with adequate hydration and electrolytes). No more Friday night Corona's - must save them for Saturday, post-run!

The week's summary:

Sunday - 31 mile ride @ 16.5 mph (to Magnetic Spgs and Ostrander)
Tuesday - 3.9 mile hill run @ 10:30 m/m (Blendon Woods trails)
Thursday - 4.3 mile road run @ 10:33 m/m (Blendon Woods road)
Saturday - 7.6 mile MIT long run @ 10:18 average (10:06 but faded last 2m)
17 mile ride @ 13 mph (Olentangy Trail):

(Jen S, Carolyn C-W, and me at the OSU Horseshoe)

No comments: